Dreamville - D-Day: A Gangsta Grillz Mixtape ALBUM REVIEW

“Graphic design is my passion.”


You wanna know something? I love a surprise album release in general. This was announced the day before it dropped, and it honestly got me pretty hyped. The Dreamville label has been on a roll recently, especially with pretty good albums from J. Cole and EARTHGANG very recently (Where’s that album, J.I.D?). I honestly think now’s a great time for the label to prove that they should be watched by everyone. Does D-Day reaffirm their place in rap? Let’s get into it.

Honestly, there aren’t many things I have to say about this. That being said, this project really didn’t do much for me, but the artists I focus on from Dreamville proved why I like them so much. J. Cole, J.I.D, and EARTHGANG all did their thing, and I’ve been warming up to Ari Lennox recently, but everything else on this project wasn’t it for me. It really only seemed like this was put out to keep the Dreamville name relevant, which I do think the label needs, but the artists could put much more time into giving it their all, right? This really just seemed like a bunch of loose tracks that needed a release, so Dreamville put it together. So overall, D-Day could have been so much more. Dreamville’s roster continue to oddly hold back on their own label projects.


5/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




D-Day: A Gangsta Grillz Mixtape is a Dreamville release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters