Yung Lean - Stardust ALBUM REVIEW

Literally took a couple minutes to figure out what the hell this cover was, but it’s cool, I guess.


I’ve been aware of Yung Lean for a while now and he honestly hasn’t done that much for me when it comes to his music. Sure, the pictures of him with Kanye West and Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion are insanely funny to me, but that’s the most positive I’ve been with him. Finally, Lean gets put in the Cordavision chamber with Stardust, his first project in a couple years that I’ve been eager to check out. Let’s get into it.

You know, I’ll give it this one thing: It was never boring. Each track had something I liked about it, whether it was Lean himself, the production, or a featured artist, but for an odd reason, it all never really came together. I know it’s very cliche to compare an album to a rollercoaster, but it really felt like that. It took many twists and turns, and I really didn’t know what to expect from the next song while listening to it. The only track I really did love through and through was the opener “Bliss” with fka twigs, but when it comes to the other tracks, I really didn’t know what to feel. It was technically sound, I’ll give it that, but it just didn’t do anything for me. Overall, Stardust is certainly odd. While I appreciate Yung Lean’s creativity, not everything landed with me.


5/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Stardust is a YEAR0001 / World Affairs release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters