The Koreatown Oddity - ISTHISFORREAL? ALBUM REVIEW

Ther's a great Hulk Hogan bit on here.


Quite frankly, I have no idea who The Koreatown Oddity is. I’ve heard his music, especially one of the best albums of 2020, Little Dominique’s Nosebleed, and that certainly grabbed my attention for his career. To put it in perspective, I think Nosebleed is one of the best releases on the Stones Throw label, which includes classic albums like Madvillainy, J Dilla’s Donuts, and Yes Lawd! from Knxwledge and Anderson .Paak. It’s in very good company, and now, we have an official follow-up to it titled ISTHISFORREAL?, so let’s not waste any time and get into it.

I should most likely state that I’m not looking for this project to top Nosebleed in any way, mainly because I think that project’s the closest thing we have to that lightning-in-a-bottle feeling in rap this decade. That being said, I still really fuck with this album. No matter if it’s an entire album or a feature, you can tell that a lot of passion has been put into this and cares that his music sounds good for his fans. I enjoyed how complex yet accessible his writing is on here, especially when the fantastic beats aren’t as accessible. As a side note, he produces all of his music and needs much more respect as a producer because it’s incredible. I also enjoy how funny a good amount of the skits on here were, which added more to the experience. Overall, ISTHISFORREAL? is one of the best experimental releases of the year. The Koreatown Oddity continues to prove he’s at the forefront of abstract rap.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




ISTHISFORREAL? is a Stones Throw release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters