Westside Gunn - Peace "FLY" God ALBUM REVIEW

I mean, we all need a good warm-up every now and then.


The fact that I’ve covered him on this site five times should say how I feel about Westside Gunn. I don’t even think he needs a proper introduction at this point. For the past few months, he’s been teasing his next album, Michelle Records, but after attending Fashion Week in Paris, he decided to make a new project titled Peace "FLY" God simply because he wanted to. He was so hyped about this project that he released it without mixing or mastering, which God knows what that means at this point. Either way, let’s get into Peace "FLY" God and see how I felt about it.

I don’t really mention mixing and mastering and all that because I try to keep these reviews understandable to the masses; I especially don’t want to come off as pretentious or have a holier-than-thou attitude because I know how it works. However, it has to be mentioned here because it could completely affect how you react to this project. Because of the lack of mixing and mastering, the beats seem very hazy and grimy. I’m fully aware that this is nothing new to Gunn or anyone on the Griselda label, but it’s turned up to an 11 on this project. While I personally didn’t mind it, I fully understand someone not liking this project because of this.

Outside of that, the vocals are actually pretty nice. In a way, this is actually a joint project between Gunn, Stove God Cooks, and Estee Nack. Gunn and Stove God have incredible chemistry on their other tracks, and that doesn’t change on Peace "FLY" God, but I’ve never even heard of Estee Nack. He’s all over this project, and luckily, I loved how he sounded over the hazy beats from Don Carerra, Madlib, and Conductor Williams. Honestly, it’s a little wild that Gunn is on this insane run that’s been going on for years at this point, and Peace "FLY" God is no different. The trio of Westside Gunn, Stove God Cooks, and Estee Nack are seemingly unstoppable.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Peace "FLY" God is a Griselda Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters