Rick Ross - Richer Than I Ever Been ALBUM REVIEW

I don’t know why he changed the cover at the last second, it was much better.


Is it safe to say that Rick Ross is a legend at this point? Hell, the words ‘Maybach’ and ‘Music’ put together remind me of Ross now. That’s a big deal. Either way, Ross has just been vibing for the past few years, making music for himself, and I honestly respect that. Ross has hit that point in the career where he doesn’t exactly have to do everything to stay in the limelight because he made it. Unless something really bad happens, he isn’t going anywhere any time soon. He recently dropped a new album, Richer Than I Ever Been, and it’s a nice change of pace, mainly because it’s only 12 tracks. Let’s just not waste time and get into it.

Honestly, what else do I even have to say about Ross? He’s essentially doing his thing. I think 21 Savage has one of his best verses ever on “Outlawz” and the beat on “The Pulitzer” is absolutely insane. The chorus on “Wiggle” made me audibly laugh the first time I heard it, in both a good and a bad way. I think all of the features pretty much deliver, Ross sounds great, and he’s also writing pretty well too. I know the term ‘luxurious’ is tossed around a lot for his music, but it’s true. He’s what you listen to if you want to feel lavish and rich. Most of the time, it fits. So, either way, Richer Than I Ever Been is more of the same. Rick Ross continues with his consistency but stays in his comfort zone.


6/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Richer Than I Ever Been is a Maybach Music Group / Epic Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters