Roddy Ricch - LIVE LIFE FAST ALBUM REVIEW

I just wanna know what’s in the box. (I’ll see myself out.)


Ever since Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial dropped just before the pandemic set in, Roddy Ricch has been one of the most exciting ‘new generation’ rappers working right now. PEMFBA was chock full of hits and Roddy himself was just great to listen to. He was one of the only rappers that just clicked suddenly with their debut album. Ever since then, I’ve been waiting for whatever his second album would hold. Now, we have that in the form of LIVE LIFE FAST. Did Roddy live up to the hype on this? Let’s get into it.

Right when I had started this album, I knew what my biggest issue was going to be: It was pretty boring. Not to say that it was bad at all, which it mainly wasn’t, but I’d like to bring up something called ‘Drake syndrome.’ His album from earlier this year, Certified Lover Boy, is an album that I overall enjoyed [which I guess is a hot take], but it didn’t take a lot of creative risks. The features here overshadowed him, but he wasn’t inherently bad. I feel the same way about this album. I do say that Roddy has the slight edge because his voice is more animated and the production was pretty nice here, but I think it just ended up being safe. As a whole, LIVE LIFE FAST was a decent ride. Roddy Ricch, as talented as he is, stays within the speed limit.


6/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




LIVE LIFE FAST is an Atlantic Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters