Tierra Whack - Rap? / Pop? / R&B? EP REVIEW(S) [Cache Saturday]

Cache Saturday is a series of unranked reviews where I’m gonna catch up on albums I’ve listened to, whether it’s for the first time or not. I’ll also cover new albums I’ve missed from earlier or were cut from my schedule. Also, they’ll all be done in one paragraph. This week’s entry is the return of Tierra Whack in the form of three EPs: Rap?, Pop?, and R&B?.


See, how do I review three separate EPs in one paragraph? It’s a neat little thing called compartmentalizing. The titles of these projects are very self-explanatory. Three tracks of rap, three tracks of pop, and three tracks of R&B. It’s a novel concept, and especially after the insanely creative one-minute track gimmick of her debut album Whack World, it’s nice to see creativity shining through this relatively new artist. However, I do feel like Tierra’s punching a little bit under her weight here. The reason why I think this is so listenable is that it’s Tierra on these songs. She knows her way a beat and if these projects weren’t by her, I honestly would’ve brushed past it like it’s nothing. All of these projects have neat ideas at their core, but it’s sadly a disappointment after three years of silence from Tierra Whack.


Listen here

Rap?: YouTube Music

Pop?: YouTube Music

R&B?: YouTube Music





Rap? / Pop? / R&B? is an Interscope release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters