death's dynamic shroud.wmv - Faith in Persona ALBUM REVIEW

The perfect example of saving the best for last.


Okay, I’ve officially covered only one vaporwave project ever, and that was my favorite one, Late Night Delight from luxury elite and Saint Pepsi. I consider death's dynamic shroud.wmv to be one of the more influential acts in vaporwave still around next to luxury elite, but what I didn’t know was that dds dropped a whopping eleven albums this year. No, I’m not going to cover all of them, but since the final album in this series, Faith in Persona, was the one that hit my radar (and seemingly other’s radars), I’ll cover this one. Let’s get into it.

To know some fan opinions about this album, I dove back into the vaporwave community long after my phase in that community came to an end. People are saying that this whole dds series, especially this album, is the second coming of vaporwave. Honestly, while I may not agree with that statement, I kinda understand why. It’s also probably dds’s grooviest album yet, mainly because I found myself just grooving in general. I also like the little vocals that pop in and out, similar to their most popular [and best] album, I’ll Try Living Like This. I really have nothing else to say about this. Faith in Persona is one of the group’s best albums yet. death’s dynamic shroud.wmv brings up one of the best vaporwave projects in years.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music

Bandcamp




Faith in Persona is self-released.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters