Russ - Chomp 2 ALBUM REVIEW

I wouldn’t be mad if you told me that this had the best feature list of 2021.


You wanna know something crazy? I was in the minority on Russ’s last project, the CHOMP EP he put out last year. I honestly think it’s one of the best EPs of 2020 and deserves much more love, even if I loved more of the features on it than Russ himself. It seems like it’ll be more of the same with Chomp 2, now a full-length album. The features here are stacked and includes Jadakiss, Jay Electronica, Big Sean, Wale, Lloyd Banks, Conway The Machine, Ghostface Killah, Styles P, The Game, Westside Gunn, Papoose, Ransom, and more. It’s pretty nice, so let’s just get right into Chomp 2.

Let me ask you a question. Look at the features above and then look at Russ. Is he carried throughout the entire project? I believe so, and if I’m being totally honest, so would most people. I like Russ as a rapper, he’s cool, so sure, I understand why he’s gotten all of these features. If I’m being totally honest, Russ does show up on a couple of songs, but it really doesn’t help when literally every other feature is giving their A-game to their verses. Russ’s grind is really respectable and that’s probably why he’s gotten so many names on this, but out of all the times Russ really needed to show why he should still be this big, he could’ve done so much better. That being said, Chomp 2 is still a fun project. Even if Russ himself isn’t the best part of the album, it’s still worth your time based on the production and features alone.


6/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Chomp 2 is a Russ My Way release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters