tricot - 上出来 (Jodeki) ALBUM REVIEW

Oh boy, do I love dog rock.


I have to admit, Japanese rock is crossing into new territory for me. I know I’ve heard CHAI and even reviewed their last album, but I’m not immersed in the genre. I’ve always heard the name tricot thrown around as one of the best J-rock groups, and when I was looking around, I saw that they had actually dropped a new album last week titled 上出来 (Jodeki). I really don’t have a good intro for this other than this is the first time I’m hearing tricot, and I feel like this could be exciting. Let’s get into it.

If I had to describe this with any word, it’d be vibrant. tricot seem to know exactly what they’re doing on this album and it actually sounds very innovative. In an odd way, it actually reminds me of Car Seat Headrest if they did math rock. That just might be one of the music-nerdiest sentences I’ve ever written, but it makes more sense in my head. I also loved the group’s vocals a lot too. They really know how to capture the atmosphere of the song and it’s really nice. A nice addition to the tracklist is that it’s extra-long, mainly because the instrumentals are a part of it too. It really helped me appreciate the creativity more than I already was. Overall, 上出来 (Jodeki) is a whole lot of fun. tricot bring their energetic sound to new levels and quietly sneak in the best rock album of the year.


9/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




上出来 (Jodeki) is a Cutting Edge / 8902 / Avex Entertainment INC. release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters