Armani Caesar - THE LIZ ALBUM REVIEW

I keep talking about Griselda, so I’m just gonna not touch it. I covered Conway the Machine’s newest project From King to A GOD last week, and we now have a new Griselda Records project in the form of Armani Caesar’s debut album, THE LIZ. Griselda’s self-proclaimed ‘First Lady’ is ready to take the rap game by storm, so we’re not gonna waste anymore time. Let’s get right into THE LIZ and see how it ended up.

THE LIZ is a hip-hop album with jazz influences. One thing I’ve been loving with these Griselda releases is that they’re all pretty similar, so they could all be ranked! As much as I hate to admit it, this is in the lower category of Griselda’s 2020 releases. THE LIZ has a really slow start to it, and that got me very worried. Thankfully, the track “Drill a RaMa” with Benny the Butcher and 808 Mafia picks things up BIG TIME. I think that Caesar could bring more to the table vocally, but in the context of the jazzy beats, they wouldn’t mesh well at all. Honestly, there’s not a bunch to say on this album, so this is the end of this paragraph.

Overall, this isn’t a very memorable project, but it’s a fine debut for Armani Caesar. Her style needs a little work, but overall, I had a decent time listening to THE LIZ. I don’t wanna make this a short review, but you know, it is what it is.


6/10


Stream THE LIZ here

Spotify

Apple Music

YouTube Music


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters