YoungBoy Never Broke Again - Top ALBUM REVIEW

I’ve never heard a single YoungBoy NBA song in my life. I haven’t even heard a feature of his, and that’s never happened for me while reviewing a popular artist like himself, especially in the rap genre. I believe this project right here, Top, is his second album and third project overall this year. I mean, he’s famous and is trying to make it big, so might as well start off with a lot of projects to build up momentum. Either way, this is my very first time listening to him. There are only two features on here, and they’re both pretty big. Lil Wayne and Snoop Dogg are big names to have on an album when you’re just starting off. Right off the bat, I feel like this is gonna be long mainly because there are twenty-one tracks on Top, and it’s most likely gonna be a mixed bag. Let’s get right into it and just see how it is.

Top is a hip-hop album with trap influences. I tried to go into this with an open mind, but honestly, this was agonizing to get through. If this guy can even be considered mainstream, how? How is this guy mainstream? As much as I tried to find something unique or interesting about his music, there’s nothing there at all. There are many other underground artists that are making just about the same type of music as this, a lot of them better. The worst part about this is that this is , as I said, twenty-one songs. That’s just under an hour of unoriginal and boring songs. YoungBoy NBA is Young Thug without fun. What I also can’t believe is how he got Lil Wayne and Snoop Dogg on this thing, let alone them being the only two features on here. Honestly, that’s the thing that makes it better than the new 6ix9ine project, other than liking some of the beats on here. Every single song is copy-and-paste. It could just be one hour-long song, and nothing would change. It’s just that simple.

I did not enjoy Top, and this is a horrible first impression of YoungBoy NBA to me. He feels just so forced, capitalizing on a trend in music that he just happened to hit upon. I always have hope that artists can switch up on me and I end up liking their music, but this was just not it for me. I can understand liking it as a vibe or on a trap playlist, but I’m most likely never going to go out of my way and play anything from this album.


3/10


Stream Top here

Spotify

Apple Music

YouTube Music




Youngboy out here looking like Roddy Poor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters