Action Bronson & The Alchemist - Lamb Over Rice ALBUM REVIEW

I’ve spoken about The Alchemist already here, but I’ve been going through his discography lately, mainly his more modern works since he’s been around for so long. While I was doing this, I was deciding which of his collab albums I’d review here, and I eventually decided on Lamb Over Rice, the mafia film-inspired record with Action Bronson. I have no particular reason why I chose this record, but it stuck out to me like a sore thumb while I did my listening marathon. Let’s get into Lamb Over Rice and see what makes this stand out.

Lamb Over Rice is a hip-hop record. I mean, there’s nothing that crazy to it. It’s not even that long of an album either, only being seven tracks and twenty minutes long. Whenever I listen to an Action Bronson song, it just slowly becomes more and more annoying. It sucks because he’s made some great songs and all, but on most songs, he can come off as childish. So, a lot of these songs have this strange vibe to it that’s very hard to explain, but it’s not extremely positive. As always, the production from Al is absolutely stunning. Samples range from the soundtrack of The Warriors to a Coca-Cola commercial and even the Ancient Aliens theme. They all have this vintage feel, like it comes from a Martin Scorsese film. Funny enough, Action Bronson was in Scorsese’s latest film The Irishman, so maybe there’s a correlation there.

I’m feeling very indifferent about Lamb Over Rice. The beats on this small project are some of the best I’ve heard, but Action Bronson’s performance on nearly all of these tracks are incredibly underwhelming. There are a couple of tracks that I like, but I won’t go back to it anytime soon, which sucks because this project had so much potential.


4/10


Stream Lamb Over Rice here

Spotify

Apple Music

YouTube Music



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters