Aminé - Limbo ALBUM REVIEW

Aminé is one of those artists that I never understood why I didn’t like. The elements that make him an artist seem like a Kanye or even a J. Cole protégé just never stood out to me, and I have no clue why. I was scrolling through Twitter, and throughout the past few days leading up to this, there were a lot of people championing Aminé and his upcoming release, Limbo. I had decided to go in blind because I had never fully heard one of his projects, and if I end up liking Limbo, I could go back through his albums and quite possibly become a fan. Let’s get into Limbo and see how it is!

Limbo is a rap album with R&B, pop, and trap influences. Let me just get the one negative out of way before I truly get into this record. As the album goes on, Aminé slowly loses its own image and identity. It all began to blend together as Limbo came to a close. Alright, that’s it for the bad. Now, the good. I think my favorite track is the opener, “Burden.” Damn, that old school beat sucked me in immediately. I need a whole Aminé project like that track. Also, I’m pleasantly surprised with the features. Young Thug was pretty fun, JID’s feature was pretty slick, and the Summer Walker duet seems like it’ll be perfect on a love-making playlist. The Injury Reserve feature was probably my favorite, hitting pretty hard after Grogg’s death. Aminé also seemed like he had a lot of fun making this album, and thank God for that.

After thinking Aminé would be a one-hit wonder after that “Caroline,” I’m satisfied with Limbo. I don’t think it’s anything groundbreaking, but it’s a pretty fun album to listen to. There are a couple songs on here that fall flat, but it’s mostly good here!


7/10


Stream Limbo here

Spotify

Apple Music

YouTube Music



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters