blackbear's everything is nothing AIN'T IT, CHIEF

blackbear has always been in the wallpaper of the music scene. Nothing has really made him stand out, but he’s made a lot of relatively catchy songs that I can admit to liking, but not having on my playlist or anything. Either way, he has a new album out called everything means nothing. I think there have been quite a few singles from this, and that sometimes means that albums can be quite front-loaded with hits. Let’s get into everything means nothing and see what it’s like.

everything means nothing is a rap album with R&B, alternative, pop, and the occasional emo influences. Let’s just get the cat out of the bag here: this album is bad. This album, and blackbear’s music in general, is the epitome of white people rap. The exact image I have in mind is a college party full of white people drinking White Claw and smoking weed, calling the whole atmosphere a ‘vibe.’ That’s the image, so let me give you the sound. The writing on this album has the emotional state of a man desperate at a hit, so he keeps trying to replicate the hits he’s heard and have spread on TikTok like wildfire. So, other than that, he’s just writing wallpaper music: stuff that no one’s gonna remember next decade, maybe even at the end of that year. While I was listening to everything means nothing, I feel like I was actually just scrolling through Instagram or TikTok while listening to it. I wasn’t. I was so tempted to just skip some of these songs, but you know, I want these to be authentic. Or good. Either way, blackbear is just a part of the wave of TikTokers use to get likes out of. One more thing, there’s a lot of snapping and clapping in this. I have no clue why I didn’t like this, but it just feels off.

Ugh, I did not enjoy listening to everything means nothing. blackbear at least had some creativity in his other albums. He had versatility and occasionally funny writing, but this is just disgusting. If he continues to make music like this, everything really is nothing. He fell right into that one, I don’t regret it. I never wanna listen to this album again. Genuinely. Actually, this is so bad that I’m gonna make up a new score for this review.


I contacted Chief about everything is nothing by blackbear, and he said this AIN'T IT.


Stream everything means nothing here

Spotify

Apple Music

YouTube Music



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters