Lupe Fiasco - Drill Music in Zion ALBUM REVIEW

Look, I bet Zion would be real if it weren’t in Utah.


I’m not gonna lie, I have an on-again-off-again relationship with Lupe Fiasco’s music. The nostalgia glasses come on with Food & Liquor and The Cool since I grew up with some of those tracks on the radio, but I’m also in the camp that I don’t think that the infamous Lasers is *that* bad. I even thought that the two DROGAS albums that he dropped were pretty cool. However, my favorite album of his is Tetsuo & Youth, and it’s not that close to me. I’ve been waiting for a hot minute to see what he does next, and we now have that with Drill Music in Zion, which is apparently a sequel to Tetsuo & Youth. The hype is already there for that alone, so does it live up to the hype? Let’s get into Drill Music in Zion.

Honestly, this is just a great experience of an album. Also, I say ‘apparently a sequel to Tetsuo & Youth’ because it is one in concept. I’d actually call it more of a sister album than a direct sequel. I really enjoy the idea of how the motivation to get money wearing down not only our society but our daily interactions with human beings, and Lupe’s fantastic writing throughout holds up this concept beautifully. Speaking of Lupe, he sounds incredible as well. His flows and pen are at the top of their game, and it’s really a sight to behold. I even think this is his best set of beats too, and his longtime producer Soundtrakk is just as important to this album as Lupe himself. The album itself also flowed very well and even with at least one major difference for each track, it was still a very cohesive listen. Honestly, I’m pretty sure that Drill Music in Zion is my favorite album of his now. Lupe Fiasco drops one of the most satisfying projects of the year.


10/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Drill Music in Zion is a 1st & 15th / Thirty Tigers release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters