Weezer - SZNZ: Summer EP REVIEW

Cuomoville? More like Cumville… I have the humor of a literal child.


Earlier this year, prolific band Weezer announced the SZNZ series of EPs, one project released on the first day of the new season. Back in March, we got the spring installment, which was a set of acoustic tracks that, well, felt a lot like springtime. Now, we have the summer DLC of Weezer. How does SZNZ: Summer hold up? Let's get into it.

It’s no secret among my group of friends that I think the worst Weezer project is Van Weezer, and in a weird way, I feel like the sound of this is a spiritual successor to that project. I may be a little hypocritical with this, but I actually think this is one of the most I’ve enjoyed a Weezer project so far. Before you go crazy, I’m not that familiar with Weezer’s discography just yet, so this is coming from very limited knowledge. The alternative/surf rock vibe of this album just defines summer perfectly, and the closing track is one of my favorite Weezer songs period now. Like the cover itself, this is pretty much all fire from beginning to end. Overall, SZNZ: Summer is one of my favorite projects from the group yet. Weezer continue their year-long project with their version of summertime.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




SZNZ: Summer is a Crush / Atlantic Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters