GIVĒON - Give or Take ALBUM REVIEW

I’d take this entire project, to be honest.


Right from the start of hearing GIVĒON, I knew that he’d be a star. Like most of us, we heard him for the first time on Drake’s quarantine project Dark Lane Demo Tapes, and he honestly floored me right off the bat. After that, it was having a small part (and the best part) on Justin Bieber’s “Peaches,” and that finally convinced me to check out his other projects. His When It's All Said and Done...Take Time compilation, which combines his two already-released EPs, is honestly fantastic, and ever since then, I’ve been excited for whatever he did next. Give or Take is the debut album, so let’s not waste any time and get into it.

The biggest draw to GIVĒON for me is his voice, which is just as great as ever. Underneath that, though, is a genuine maturity that really wasn’t found in his past projects. The toxicity is mostly gone here too, with that being replaced by the way of making things right in the relationship. I don’t know what this says about me as a person, but I much prefer this kind of lyrics over the toxicity. Most of all, it all seems very authentic and genuinely heartbreaking at times. Overall, Give or Take is a fantastic debut album. GIVĒON continues to grow not only as an artist but as a person.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Give or Take is an Epic Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters