BTS - PROOF ALBUM REVIEW

The Apple Music animated cover goes hard, not gonna lie.


One of the biggest bands in the world, BTS, with adoring fans around the world, and I guess the music I’ve heard of theirs is okay for the most part. I’m relatively newer to the scene, joining in with 2019’s Map of the Soul: Persona EP, which is honestly pretty good. I haven’t heard most of their earlier works, which goes back to Wings. Personally, I think the best project I’ve heard from them is BE, but that’s just me. PROOF is a compilation album. I know, I know, but I honestly figured that this should be a good way to get more into their discography, alongside three new tracks. Let’s get into it.

Since it’s a compilation album, this is a two-and-a-half-hour project we have here. Then again, I’m not complaining because I enjoyed what I heard for the most part. It was nice to hear a solo version of “Boy With Luv” that I didn’t know existed since the Halsey-featuring version was one of their first big radio hits in the U.S.. I think it’s funny that what’s probably my least favorite song of theirs, “Permission to Dance,” doesn’t even make the cut on this. Who knows, maybe it’s being saved for the comeback? After listening to the tracks and seeing when each track came out, it was pretty cool to see the group’s evolution over the past 9 years of existence. I’m sticking to my guns that their English-language songs are surprisingly bland compared to their Japanese and Korean-language tracks, especially given their stage presence, though. Overall, PROOF is a damn good way to commemorate the anniversary. BTS show why they’re now one of the most dominant musical acts on the planet right now.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




PROOF is a BigHit Entertainment release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters