070 Shake - You Can't Kill Me ALBUM REVIEW

Legitimately gorgeous cover art, by the way.


It pains me that I’m late to the party when it comes to 070 Shake. Like a good amount of people, the first time I heard her was during Kanye West’s series of mini-albums in 2018, featured on both Pusha T’s DAYTONA and West’s own ye, and being a highlight on both releases. I thought her debut album Modus Vivendi was pretty nice, and I’ve been looking forward to whatever she’d do next. Looking at You Can’t Kill Me, with an oddly bone-chilling cover, I’m pretty excited about this. Let’s get into how I felt about it.

We’ll start off with the production first, and even without looking at the credits, I knew Mike Dean had his hands on this. This is definitely a contender for one of the most sonically-beautiful releases of the year so far, mainly because of its very futuristic vibe and how well it blends with Shake’s vocals. Speaking of her vocals, they’re absolutely hypnotic and is the best part of the album to me. They’re very alluring and the guitar passages make a damn near perfect combo. I even think Shake’s writing has improved here, with some tracks ending up as some of the best R&B of this decade so far. Honestly, I think that settles it. You Can’t Kill Me is the best R&B album of the decade so far. 070 Shake puts all the pieces into the puzzle and makes a masterpiece.


10/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




You Can’t Kill Me is a G.O.O.D. Music / Def Jam release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters