Snoh Aalegra - Temporary Highs in the Violet Skies ALBUM REVIEW

A violet sky actually sounds really cool.


A good chunk of newer R&B artists hasn’t really clicked for me lately. I’m actually reviewing this artist, Snoh Aalegra, and her new album because of a suggestion by a friend. I haven’t really heard of her before, but with a James Fauntleroy feature and multiple Tyler, the Creator features, I’m going into this with good expectations. Let’s not waste any more time and get into Temporary Highs in the Violet Skies.

I’m not sure what the main single was off this album, but “Lost You” certainly would make a great single for it. She reminded me of Sade a lot, and that’s not a comparison I make lightly. It’s a good thing, though. I do believe Tyler had some pretty good contributions here and he makes a good duo with Aalegra. I’d love to see what she could do with someone like André 3000, though. As much as I like James Fauntleroy, I do think his feature was a little disappointing, but nobody’s perfect and I think I’d listen if they collaborated again. I do think my favorite song off this is “Tangerine Dream,” mainly because of the production, which is also pretty great across the board too.

While I don’t think it’s anything too special, Temporary Highs in the Violet Skies is a fine introduction to Snoh Aalegra to me. I dug her writing and the production was pretty nice too, and both of those combined helped for a pretty engaging listen. I may not remember it by the end of the year, but this was fun.


6/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Temporary Highs in the Violet Skies is a Roc Nation release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters