The Kid LAROI - FUCK LOVE 3: OVER YOU ALBUM REVIEW

Who puts out a damn-near 30 song album that isn’t for trying to hit that number one spot? Like, seriously.


Ah, yes. The Kid LAROI. He happens to be one of the biggest artists in the world and I haven’t heard a single song from him. Funny enough, he’s a big name and I had no clue. I looked at the landing page for this album, FUCK LOVE 3: OVER YOU, on Apple Music and I saw something genuinely horrifying: This is 29 songs. After listening to it, I learned that this was his other two EPs combined with a brand new album. So, I might as well try to review all three of the FUCK LOVE entries while I’m at it. So, how does FUCK LOVE 3 stand? Let’s find out.

Let me just say right off the bat that this is an awful way to release an album. I’ve done my research on this. Some outlets are calling this a deluxe with 15 whole new songs. Some are calling this a new album with his other EPs tacked onto it. Some are just even calling it a new ‘project.’ Whatever this is, it’s a horrible attempt to capitalize on emo rap, especially the late Juice WRLD. It hurts to find out that Juice WRLD actually mentored this kid, and it’s really sad to see the sound watered down so much. It’s like this kid read Juice WRLD’s notes and tried to copy an assignment but did it poorly. I could pull out some good songs from here, though, but outside of that, this thing is a wasteland.

Look, this may just be me, but as long as The Kid LAROI is out here ripping off Juice WRLD poorly, his career isn’t gonna go anywhere. FUCK LOVE 3: OVER YOU is abysmal. I cannot believe that this is one of the most popular artists in the world right now. I guess I’d feel a little more positive about it if this release strategy wasn’t in play, but the marketing for this really did it in. The music doesn’t help its case either.


1/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




FUCK LOVE 3: OVER YOU is a Columbia Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters