Tinashe - 333 ALBUM REVIEW

I mean, the three’s have to do with the third eye on the cover, right?


Tinashe is an artist that I feel needs so much more credit. She has a lot of talent and is incredibly versatile, but for some reason, her albums just haven’t clicked with me. After hearing that she had left her old label, RCA Records, in 2019, I feel like that this would open the floodgates to hear what she’s been wanting to make. I saw glimpses of that in her best album yet, 2019’s Songs for You, and I feel like she can go beyond that album. After 333 got announced earlier this year, I was pretty excited for it. I really didn’t have an idea what to expect from it, but that’s the best feeling for an album like this. So, how was 333? Let’s find out together.

What really won me over about this album is the experimentation. Given the singles from this album, “Pasadena” and “Bouncin’,” it didn’t seem like it was gonna be too wild with its sound. I’m happy to say that I was happily surprised by it. In terms of the sound, there’s more influences from synthpop, funk, and neo-soul, among others. Tinashe’s voice throughout is a standout and really should be talked about more in R&B conversations. My favorite track on here has to be the Kaytranada-produced “Unconditional,” where the combo of Kay’s oddball beat and Tinashe’s heavenly vocals make up for a big R&B highlight of the year so far.

I think 333 is finally the album that Tinashe has been building up to. This has a unique sound that doesn’t sound like anything that I’ve heard from a well-known name in R&B. The R&B genre has been in a bit of a decline when it comes to creativity, so it’s very refreshing to hear something like this come out now. If all is well in the world, this album will turn Tinashe into a star.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




333 is self-released.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters