dvsn & Ty Dolla $ign - Cheers to the Best Memories ALBUM REVIEW

I know that Ty’s seeing this review, so hi there, man. How’ve you been?


While Ty Dolla $ign has been an artist that I’ve admired for a few years now, but dvsn is a whole new artist for me. I know that they’re a producer-singer combo that’s signed to Drake’s OVO Sound label, but that’s pretty much where it ends. This is one of the first times I’ve reviewed an album where I don’t really have any expectations about it. There are features from YG, Rauw Alejandro, and even the late Mac Miller has an appearance here. Let’s not waste anymore time and just get into Cheers to the Best Memories.

I have no clue how dvsn sounds outside of this album, but I feel like Ty washed the singer of the group here on this. Either way, I’d like to point out that Ty and the dvsn singer have the same skill set as singers, and it kind of made that redundant in some ways. Plus, I think that Ty Dolla $ign doing pop-leaning music is such a treasure and there’s quite a bit on there. Sadly, I do think that outside of a couple special tracks like the one with Mac Miller, this album just kind of exists…? I mean, that’s pretty much it for it. It’s a cool album, but I probably won’t remember it in a few months except for the Mac Miller track. End of review.


6/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Cheers to the Best Memories is an OVO Sound release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters