Logic - Bobby Tarantino III ALBUM REVIEW

Honestly, Logic always has some badass cover art. I can always rely on him for that.


Logic has had a pretty inconsistent career to me. He has some pretty good projects out there like Under Pressure, No Pressure, and my personal favorite of his, The Incredible True Story. Everything else has just been okay to me, but not my favorite. It’s obvious that he’s had a couple missteps like most artists do, but I guess I’m willing to give him a little less pushback. After a pretty cool beat-tape and an interesting album underneath the Doc D moniker, Logic is back, possibly for the last time, as Bobby Tarantino III is meant to get him out of his contract with Def Jam. So, let’s see how the Bobby Tarantino trilogy ends.

Let’s start off with the good stuff. I do like that Logic is back on more of his melodic stuff. I think he’s a little overhated in that area sometimes, but those tracks on here are pretty fun. It also makes up for the fact that most of the songs on here just didn’t click with me. When it comes to the production, it’s pretty tough to follow up an entire album produced by No I.D., but it’s still kind of good here, albeit a little bland at points. I like how Logic is pretty laid back here, he’s not taking any shit from anyone and is just rapping. That’s how I’ve liked him in the past and I’m glad he’s back to his old ways here.

While I don’t think it’s my favorite project of his, Bobby Tarantino III is a pretty little comeback album for Logic. His flows were more surprising and his production was tasteful. This seems like it’s gonna be a decent soundtrack to the summer as well, but if this truly is the last we see of Logic, I’m totally fine with this. If this is a new beginning, though, I wonder what he’ll do next.


7/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Bobby Tarantino III is a Def Jam release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters