TWICE - Perfect World ALBUM REVIEW

I was gonna have a ‘society if ____’ joke here, but I just noticed the distortions on the wall and I can’t take my eyes off it.


Well, TWICE is getting up there for me as one of my favorite K-pop groups. A good amount of their singles have that secret sauce that I don’t think any groups in K-pop can replicate right now, and that includes from this new album here. Their latest EP, Taste of Love, was pretty good, and when I was planning to review that, I just saw that they announced this album and just made a bite-size review for it instead. Now, they have just released their newest mini-album, Perfect World. Are they still that hit-making machine that they’re known so well to be in the industry? Let’s find out, shall we?

I was talking with some friends about wanting some type of concept for this album and granted, I think it’d be cool for the group to go in that direction, but that really doesn’t happen here. I feel like “PIECES OF LOVE” would’ve been much more at home in Taste of Love with its funky and retro sound, but we have what we have. We even get into dark pop territory with “Good At Love,” and I really want to hear more of that in the future. Other than that, it’s the hit singles that we’ve heard before. I just can’t help it but be let down by this. The production is pretty nice too, like most K-pop releases if I’m being totally honest. It’s very electropop and that’s a good sound for the group.

Look, I’ll keep it straight with you. Perfect World is just a good project from a prolific K-pop outfit. TWICE hasn’t really dropped anything too bad in their career yet, and even if this is their weakest album yet, it hasn’t frozen their hot streak at all.


6/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Perfect World is a JYP release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters