Sleigh Bells - Texis ALBUM REVIEW

No, this is not a Christmas album.


I love finding new artists, and honestly, I didn’t find this group off of Twitter or social media. I actually heard of them through word of mouth. I don’t know a lot about Sleigh Bells, but they’re an alt-rock duo from Brooklyn and this is their fifth album as a duo. I haven’t heard their other albums, but I do know that one of them is called Jessica Rabbit, so that’s a plus. This album’s called Texis, and I honestly don’t know what else to say about it. Let’s just listen to it.

Alright, I’ve spent a couple minutes trying my best to figure out how to describe the sound of it, so I’m gonna do it, even if it’s a little clunky: metal-influenced layers mixed with rap beats and R&B vocals. There’s also a bit of electronic and industrial music in here too, and I think that this is one of the more unique albums to drop this year. There are also a lot of synths on here, and I like that mainly because I just think synths are cool. Something that also is pretty nice about it is that even if you strip away the more experimental and noisy elements of the production, you still have well-written pop music at its core.

I can’t believe I haven’t known about Sleigh Bells for this long, and I really should dive into their work after this. Texis is a creative and unique experience that really satisfies the listener. Vocalist Alexis Krauss and guitarist/producer Derek Edward Miller knock it out of the park on all fronts. This is a fun album and I really think you should give it a shot.


9/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Texis is a Mom+Pop release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters