Toby Fox - Deltarune Chapter 2 (Original Game Soundtrack) ALBUM REVIEW

Well, well. My first video game OST. Let’s see how this goes…


Okay, this is a brand new world for me. I don’t know that much about video game music, but since my friend made a massive playlist of video game music on YouTube and sent it to me, I decided to try and give my shot at a review of a video game OST. Might as well be something big, right? So, Undertale creator and composer Toby Fox has been working on the kinda-sorta sequel to that game, Deltarune. It’s divided up into chapters, and this is the original score to the second chapter of the game. That’s really all I got as the intro. Let’s get into the score for Deltarune Chapter 2.

Compared to the Undertale OST, this is much shorter. Apparently, 46 songs and 50 minutes is short for a soundtrack like this. I mean, I can safely say that I do like this more than the Undertale soundtrack, mainly because I just think that this would just be that soundtrack but cutting out all of the fat. I guess the biggest problem I have with this is that if you don’t know anything about this game, you don’t really know what’s happening. Most of the older video game soundtracks (and some new ones, of course) can stand on their own, but if you haven’t played this game, you would probably think that this sounds the same. I think that for the other soundtracks that Fox has created, but outside of that, I still think that this is pretty cool. That’s pretty much all of my thoughts. It’s cool.


6/10


Listen here

Bandcamp (to support the artist directly)

YouTube




Deltarune Chapter 2 (Original Game Soundtrack) is a Materia Music release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters