King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Made in Timeland ALBUM REVIEW

Catching up on the lore, don’t mind me.


Whenever I’ve covered Australian band King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, I’ve tried to keep up with their insanely large output. However, for the first time in almost two years of this brand’s existence, I’ve failed. King Gizz has already announced a new album that’s set to drop next month. It’s all satire, I know, I’m not genuinely that upset, but King Gizz albums have their own loose lore to them that I really don’t know yet. Anyway, Made in Timeland is yet another turn in the band’s varied discography. What did they do this time? Let’s see what happened.

So, even in a unique discography, this album is quite different: this is intermission music. For context, the band were originally set to do a bunch of long shows in 2020 tied to their own Timeland Festival. Obviously, that didn’t happen, but it’s still set to happen later this year. There are only two tracks on this album, and each of them run for 15 minutes on the dot. They essentially made a progressive electronic album that runs much longer than 30 minutes. I’ve also noticed that it'll probably end up being great studying music. The most amount of praise I have for this is that it shows how versatile King Gizz in a better light, but I’ll return to their other projects more. Overall, Made in Timeland is neat. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard continue to flex their musical skills, but now in the electronic field.


7/10


Buy here

KGLW Site




Made in Timeland is a KGLW release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters