Ho99o9 - Skin ALBUM REVIEW

Oh, the Ho99o9!


Ho99o9 [an absolute joy to type] are a group that are genuinely unique in a big crowd of unique musicians coming out these days. The first time I had heard them was on clipping.’s amazing 2020 album Visions of Bodies Being Burned, and since their feature on that album, it’s been a wild listen for me. I think that their debut album United States of Horror is pretty good, and ever since their next album Skin was announced, I’ve been ready. I haven’t heard any of the singles, so I’m fully ready to dive into this without warning. Let’s just do it right now and get into Skin.

It’s worth noting that Travis Barker from blink-182 produced this entire album and is the first official release on his own label, DTA. Admittedly, that kind of worried me for a second because of Barker’s inconsistency recently, but I think his production nailed it. The mix of trap, metal, and industrial music is a damn-near perfect blend of each genre. Even with the features from Bun B and Slipknot’s Corey Taylor, they blend in with the group’s aesthetic very well. The album’s intensity never lets up and is one of the most hard-hitting listens of the year so far. The group’s vocals are always changing to fit the different sounds on this and I’m actually very impressed by it. Honestly, I don’t have much else for Skin. Teaming up with Travis Barker is the best thing that Ho99o9 could’ve done.


9/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Skin is a DTA / Elektra Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters