Nigo - I Know Nigo! ALBUM REVIEW

Dog.


So, I know what you’re thinking. Who the hell is Nigo? Nigo’s actually a producer and entrepreneur. He founded the BAPE brand and he’s also a member of the Teriyaki Boyz, who made "Tokyo Drift (Fast & Furious).” I’m pretty sure it’s one of the most recognizable songs in pop culture at this point. Either way, Nigo has teamed up with Pharrell to make this DJ-curated album I Know Nigo! which has features from Tyler, the Creator, A$AP Rocky, Clipse, Pusha T, Gunna, A$AP Ferg, the late Pop Smoke, and Lil Uzi Vert. Let’s get into what I thought about it.

Right out of the gate, this is what a good DJ Khaled album should be. Some good curated songs while teaming up with a talented producer to pick beats that they’d sound good over. I think the massive highlight on this is Tyler’s “Come On, Let’s Go,” which is pretty easily the best song on this album to me. The tracks with Rocky and Pusha T are also pretty good, but the rest of the tracks simply didn’t do much for me. I think “Paper Plates” is genuinely one of the worst songs of the year, though, but this album has one fantastic song, one awful song, and a bunch of okay songs. I really don’t know how else to say it. I guess I Know Nigo! is fine enough for what it is. It’s one of the better DJ-curation albums out there.


6/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




I Know Nigo! is a Victor Victor / Republic Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters