Lil Durk - 7220 ALBUM REVIEW

I honestly don’t know why this cover is so low quality, I can’t find a better version.


This is the first time I’ve covered a Lil Durk solo album, mainly because this is the first one I’ve heard in its entirety. Yes, I heard the album he did with Lil Baby from last year, and even if I originally gave it a 6/10, it’s surprisingly grown on me since then. However, I do think that there are a few elements of Durk’s music that don't work for me. It may not be his fault, but I think he needs some better beats to go over at times. Even if the Morgan Wallen collab “Broadway Girls” left a bad taste in my mouth because of Wallen’s presence, it’s not the worst thing I’ve heard. It’s been interesting to see how well Durk’s career has gone, and I feel like 7220 could be a major point in his career. Let’s get into how I feel about it.

I’ll say this one positive thing about the album, and it’s that I liked how Durk got more personal in his lyrics. It really gave a good emphasis on what he wanted this album to be, especially with minimal features on this album. I’ve always liked Durk’s voice and his flows as well, especially on features. However, that’s where the praise ends for me. Mainly because of his features on other beats, he just overall sounds better to me on features than on his own albums. Other than the album being *way* too long, there’s not much else to say about this album. 7220 is a middle-of-the-road album to me. Even when his pen game is good, Lil Durk’s production choices continue to hold him back.


5/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




7220 is a Alamo / Sony Music Entertainment release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters