Lucky Daye - Candydrip ALBUM REVIEW

Oh no, he’s hot.


I’ve never really heard of Lucky Daye before this album. Even if I’ve heard the name before, I haven’t heard any of his music before. This is a classic example of only listening to an album because of the cover art, because admittedly, this cover’s scratching an itch in my mind. I know he’s a neo-soul/R&B singer, and that’s really all I know. I don’t know how to properly segway into the review, so let’s just get into what I thought about Candydrip.

Right off the bat, my favorite aspect of this album is Lucky Daye himself. His vocals are rich and they fit the experimentation in the production. When it comes to the production, it’s a mix of digital modern production and live instrumentation, and it’s some of the best R&B production I’ve heard in a while. The slower R&B tracks really do fit Lucky Daye’s sound and with the mix of new and old production, it makes for a pretty unique sound. Overall, that’s pretty much all of my thoughts on Candydrip. Lucky Daye blends unique production and his luscious voice to make for some of the best R&B this year so far.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Candydrip is a Keep Cool / RCA Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters