Fly Anakin - Frank ALBUM REVIEW

Zappa? Ocean? Sinatra?


Even if I don’t know much about him, I’ve been pretty excited for Fly Anakin’s first big debut album. It may not be his first album, even his first solo album, but this is his major-label debut. The first time I had heard of him was his work with Pink Siifu, especially on the FlySiifu album and the $mokebreak EP, and they’re both pretty good. I’ve been waiting on Frank for a while, and I’m very glad that we have it now. Let’s get into it now.

Like most of the songs he’s involved in, I just love Anakin’s voice. His animated voice really breathes life into some already unique production too. Beats from Madlib, Jay Versace, Evidence, DJ Harrison, and more give this a unique identity, and it’s a good plus to see Pink Siifu keep up the collaborations they’ve been doing. It’s also worth mentioning the album cover, which might be my favorite of the year so far. I’m very glad that Frank has lived up to the expectations I’ve had. Fly Anakin deserves your time with one of the most unique albums this year so far.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Frank is a Lex release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters