Bladee & Ecco2K - Crest ALBUM REVIEW

Finally got some musicians to commission some work from my little cousin, she loves it!


I’ve said in the past that I’m not drained, as they say. I’ve covered both Bladee and Ecco2K on this site, and out of what I’ve heard of them, I think that I prefer Ecco2K over Bladee at this point. It may be a voice thing, but the neurons fire more when I hear Ecco, especially his E and PXE projects. Even if they’ve worked together quite a bit before, this is actually the first time they’ve worked on an entire album where it’s just them two. Crest was a surprise release, so not that many expectations are tied to this. Let’s get into what I thought about it.

It may not be the first time someone has said this, but I think these two work really well together. It’s genuinely scary how good they are together at times. Like the other Drain Gang projects I’ve covered, my favorite part of this album is the production. I believe the producer of this is Whitearmor, and he’s just as big of a part of why this works so well. It’s also very sugary and sweet, which I feel like I’ve used before on a previous Drain Gang review. When it comes to the vocals, I continue to prefer Ecco2K over Bladee for the reason above. Honestly, Crest might be my favorite project from this camp I’ve heard. Bladee and Ecco2K finally link up for some of their best work yet.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Crest is a YEAR0001 release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters