Full of Hell - Garden of Burning Apparitions ALBUM REVIEW

If a type of music could be considered dirty, it’d be this.


So, what’s the deal with this? I’ve really only heard one grindcore album, and that’s one of the more iconic releases in the genre, Nails’ breakout album Unsilent Death. I’ve always heard the name Full of Hell be thrown around in that conversation, but I’ve never actually sat down and listened to them. So, why not do it at a better time when they drop a new album? Garden of Burning Apparitions is the name, and a lot of power electronics are their game. Let’s get into it.

I enjoy how heavy and extreme it is. Yes, it’s a pretty huge oversimplification for such a heavy and extreme genre, I know, but hey, that’s what comes to mind. I’m a fan of metal, mainly black metal but death metal’s pretty cool too, but this little subsection of grindcore hasn’t ever really clicked with me. I’m fully aware that pulling this kind of music needs a lot of skill and it’s done pretty well here, but it might just be a personal thing for me. I mean, it’s chocked full of visceral and pounding sounds for the mere 20 minutes that this album is. I’m sure that Full of Hell is full of hell, but like the movie Titane (which I saw recently and you can find my review here), Garden of Burning Apparitions will probably be something I admire from afar rather than something I personally enjoy.


6/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Garden of Burning Apparitions is a Relapse release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters