Meek Mill - Expensive Pain ALBUM REVIEW

I wonder if the cover’s gonna censor itself…


Meek Mill has been a rapper that’s been punching under his weight to me. I’ve liked his songs as singles, but listening to whole albums of his hasn’t ever hit me hard. However, his last album, 2018’s Championships, really changed that for me. I actually really dug it and I was curious to see how long that run would go. Now, seemingly out of nowhere, we have Expensive Pain. It’s another new Meek Mill album. Not much else to it, so let’s just get into it.

See, I don’t know if it’s just me, but I felt really bored listening to this album. Not to say that this was bad or anything. Mill’s flows were good and his writing was okay, the production was nice, the features did their thing (especially Brent Faiyaz’s), and there were some great songs on here like the intro track “Hate On Me,” which has that incredible Nas sample. I really did wanna hear his take on the slower, R&B-inspired sound he’s been taking on recently, but there just wasn’t enough of that on here for me. Really, this was just another example of Meek Mill punching under his weight. Expensive Pain could’ve been another great Meek Mill album, but it just wasn’t.


5/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Expensive Pain is a Maybach Music Group/Atlantic Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters