Wiki - Half God ALBUM REVIEW

If I’m also a half god, could Wiki and I combine to make a whole god? Or is he a demigod? This is a loaded album title.


I honestly don’t know that much about Wiki. All I know is that he’s from New York and is a part of the sLUms movement that includes MIKE and Navy Blue, along with the small Earl Sweatshirt appearance as well. Half God, the newest album from Wiki, is heavily in the sLUms movement, having been entirely produced by Navy Blue himself. Let’s not waste any more time and get into it.

Honestly, I do think that this is Wiki’s best work yet. When it comes to his writing and flows, he seems like a veteran and across his last albums, it feels like he’s cut down his albums to the best of the sessions he’s in the studio, and I like that a lot. He’s a lot more introspective and serious too, which I think benefits his tone too. The features are pretty great too, but what I think stands out the most is Navy Blue’s production, more so the pairing of his production with Wiki on the vocals. It’s some of his best production yet over Wiki’s best performances yet. Honestly, those are really my full thoughts on it. Half God is just a damn good album from a criminally underrated rapper.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Half God is self-released.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters