Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters ALBUM REVIEW

I’m not one to talk about sound quality, but this sounds so much better on Apple Music than on Spotify or YouTube, it isn’t even funny.


Was this a surprise release? If it wasn’t, I didn’t know anything about it. Either way, Lana Del Rey has had a pretty weird history on this site. I gave her last album, Chemtrails Over the Country Club, a perfect score and that caused a little bit of controversy. Looking back on it, it may be an 8 or 9 now, but I still think it’s one of the best albums to drop this year and was a great experience listening to it for the first time. Why did I not hear about Blue Banisters? After doing some research, this wasn’t a surprise drop. It just wasn’t marketed at all, which is very strange for such a big artist like Lana. I forgot that there were singles for this, so let’s just get right into Blue Banisters.

Unlike her last two albums, this has no Jack Antonoff whatsoever. The production team includes Lana herself, Mike Dean, Zachary Dawes, Loren Humphrey, Barrie-James O'Neill, and Rick Nowels, among others. I’d say that the instrumentals are nothing short of beautiful most of the time, especially with “Thunder,” which is a type of song I wouldn’t expect on a Lana album, but here we are. Lyrically, I feel that Lana is a little more positive on this than much of her other material. In the past, and even with Chemtrails, I’ve felt her lyrics were a little too repetitive, but here, it’s simple. Not to say that complex lyrics are bad at all, but this feels new for Lana. Also, being somewhat of a film buff myself, I immediately caught the sample of Ennio Morricone’s score for The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly on "Interlude - The Trio" and it’s a fucking banger. Either way, Blue Banisters is yet another good showing for Lana Del Rey. With a production team spearheaded by Mike Dean, Del Rey goes two for two in 2021.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Blue Banisters is an Interscope release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters