Future - I NEVER LIKED YOU ALBUM REVIEW

Honestly, if the album doesn’t get a good reception, this cover’s totally gonna backfire.


Is it weird that I’ve been this excited for a Future album? It’s also coming full circle because one of my first reviews on this site ever was his last album, High Off Life. While I did enjoy that album, I never really went back to it outside of one song. Even after that very disappointing joint album with Lil Uzi Vert, I was still interested in whatever Future would put out, and we now have that in the form of I NEVER LIKED YOU. He typically drops at least one project a year, so taking a year off is very out of character for him. Let’s see if I liked this, even if Future never did.

You know, I’ve realized something. These are some of the hardest reviews for me to write. It’s generally the same thing across this album. Future’s a trap legend at this point, and we’re not exactly asking for anything new from him. In a weird way, Future isn’t as toxic here as he normally is. I’m not saying he’s learning a lesson or anything, but it’s something I noticed. I also think the production’s pretty good too, at least better than I was expecting it to be. Then again, his beat selection has always been great. A Hatsune Miku sample is always welcome either way. Even the features are pretty good, especially Drake on “WAIT FOR U,” which is what the vibe of Certified Lover Boy should’ve been. Honestly, I NEVER LIKED YOU is another good album in an already pretty good discography. Future, simply put, doesn’t miss.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




I NEVER LIKED YOU is an Epic Records / FREEBANDZ release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters