Ransom - No Rest For The Wicked ALBUM REVIEW

No matter how I was gonna feel about the music, I’ll cop a vinyl release of this because GOOD GOD THAT COVER ART IS GORGEOUS.


I’ve always felt like I should like Ransom more than I actually do. I’ve obviously never hated him before because I’ve covered projects of his before and have praised them. I just tend to not go back to them as much as other artists in this lane like Rome Streetz. I’m hoping that this can change soon, mainly because he’s got an album entirely produced by Pete Rock on the way, but I’m waiting for that one album that finally clicks with me. I hope that No Rest For The Wicked is the one that does it. Let’s get into No Rest For The Wicked.

Out of what I’ve heard from his work, I feel like this is the most introspective I’ve heard Ransom be recently. He sounds more passionate on this than on anything else I’ve heard him on, and pairing that up with his introspection make up a killer combo. I prefer that to the production on here, which just seems very overdone in some places to me. I found out that Nicholas Craven is an executive producer on this album and he even did some of the beats, and while I typically like his beats, it just didn’t land with me on this. All in all, I think No Rest For The Wicked is one of Ransom’s best projects yet. Ransom’s lyrics shine even when some other aspects don’t.


7/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




No Rest For The Wicked is a Momentum release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters