Boldy James & Real Bad Man - Killing Nothing ALBUM REVIEW

I just imagine Boldy James as the main character in a 70s crime movie and it all works.


Boldy James has been on an absolutely incredible run. Ever since the beginning of 2020, he’s just been dropping great project after great project after great project. I’ve actually hit a point where I sometimes get messages about how bad my review of Bo Jackson, one of his albums with The Alchemist from last year, was, and after a few relistens, it’s actually grown on me quite a bit. The weakest album of the bunch, at least to me, was Real Bad Boldy, the first album between Boldy James and producer Real Bad Man. It wasn’t bad by any means, but it just didn’t click for me. That’s why I went in with just a tiny bit less hype for Killing Nothing, their second collab album. So, let’s just not waste time and get into Killing Nothing.

Let it be known that no matter what the production backing him is, Boldy James always kills it with the bars. I’ve just come to accept that he’ll never have a bad verse. It took me a while to warm up to him as a rapper, but I think he’s finally clicked for me with this album and it honestly feels great. He’s just so cold on this, and similar to my personal favorite project of his Manger on McNichols, his storytelling is just so fucking cool to listen to. The iffy part of this going into it was Real Bad Man’s production, and good lord did it surpass my expectations. Some of these beats are genuinely spine-chilling and I think his sampling rivals The Alchemist in how good it sounds across this album. Not to mention that the features from Crimeapple, Knowledge the Pirate, Rome Streetz, and Stove God Cooks are all great too. Overall, Killing Nothing is one of Boldy James’s best projects yet. Boldy James reteams with Real Bad Man for some bone-chilling rap.


9/10



Listen here

YouTube Music




Killing Nothing is a Real Bad Man release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters