Your Old Droog - YOD Stewart ALBUM REVIEW

The joke of the title and the great cover is a great combo.


I’ve covered Your Old Droog before on here, and while I’ve enjoyed most of what I’ve heard, I’ve realized something about his discography. It might just be me, but I want him to stay focused on a project and flesh something out. Of course, I love the content he’s been dropping, but it’s just a personal wish of mine. Either way, I’ve been excited for YOD Stewart since I’ve been a fan of his for a couple of years now. Let’s get into it.

While YOD is continuing to have great flows and writing, I feel that the best part about this project is the production. It has a more abstract vibe than his last project, the Nicholas Craven-produced YOD Wave, and I personally prefer that kind of production. YOD’s lyrics are more personal here as well and that gives the relatively short project a more intimate experience, at least to me. I also think I’ve realized that I like Droog more when he’s charismatic, and we really don’t get that side of him often. Overall, YOD Stewart is a fun package of tracks. Your Old Droog brings the charisma for one of his most personal projects yet.


7/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




YOD Stewart is a Nature Sounds release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters