IDK - Simple. ALBUM REVIEW

Have I said how much he sounds like Kanye before? I feel like I have.


IDK has been someone I’ve been keeping an eye on for a while. His album from last year, USEE4YOURSELF, was pretty good and really cemented himself as someone to watch out for in rap right now. I’ve been waiting for whatever he’d drop next, but this project just came out of nowhere. A short album entirely produced by KAYTRANADA, one of my favorite working producers right now titled Simple. should be anything but simple to me. Let’s get into it.

Honestly, let me just say this: This is IDK’s best album. Like, there’s no way around it. These are his best lyrics and performances yet in my opinion, and if I may be honest, I thought we were gonna hit this point at least a few years from now. He just sounds super focused on here, and I’m also a fan of the subject material. However, what really puts this over the top is KAYTRANADA’s production, which is detailed and layered and really bolsters IDK’s performance. Even the features from Denzel Curry and Mike Dimes help hammer the sound home. Overall, Simple. is simply great. IDK and KAYTRANADA team up for some of their best material yet.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Simple. is a Clue / Warner release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters