Lykke Li - EYEYE ALBUM REVIEW

It’s probably just me, but why does this cover make this feel pretentious?


It’s been a while since a new Lykke Li project, and I’ve honestly been pretty excited to see what could be coming next from her. I’ve liked her last album, so sad so sexy, although I still have to go through the rest of her albums. This new album’s called EYEYE, and it’s been an audio illusion to try and figure out how to pronounce it, so that would be really appreciated from someone. I really don’t know how else to make an intro to this outside of the joke about the title, so let’s get into EYEYE.

You know something? This simply just didn’t do it for me. I’ve typically liked what I’ve heard of Li’s music, but I think it was just too monotonous for me. After looking at the lyrics, though, I think that’s the strongest aspect of this album. While the production was very pretty throughout, I think that her voice just felt… off here. Like, I can’t put my finger on it. I’m typically fine with the airy vocals, but it didn’t click for me. Overall, EYEYE is pretty disappointing. Lykke Li’s dreamy soundscape doesn’t gel all the way.


6/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




EYEYE is a Play It Again Sam Records / Crush release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters