Quelle Chris - DEATHFAME ALBUM REVIEW

Yo Gabba Gabba MCs” is one of the best insults I’ve heard in a while.


In my opinion, Quelle Chris is one of the most unique rappers working right now. While I haven’t taken the deep dive into his discography yet, I’ve listened to his most recent albums Guns and his Chris Keys collab Innocent Country 2, and he’s impressed me with both his pen and voice. After some great features on some of my favorite albums from last year, I had to get whatever he was gonna drop next on my radar. We now have that in the form of DEATHFAME, which was mainly produced by Chris himself, with extra production from the aforementioned Chris Keys and even Knxwledge in the mix. Let’s get into DEATHFAME and see how I felt about it.

Since I had Guns fresh in my mind, I noticed an interesting connection to one of the final tracks on that project to this one. “WDYM” touches on if he’s gonna leave a legacy or be remembered by anyone. This album is that question being expanded upon, which makes for Chris’s darkest and most menacing project yet. There are even points on here where there’s a lower-pitched voice rapping, specifically on “King in Black,” and I’m still trying to figure out if that’s just Chris rapping in a lower register or he’s using a program to make his voice deeper. Either way, it’s very chilling. The production here is also fantastic because of how murky and drowned some of the beats sound. It’s incredibly unsettling and sets the tone of the question about being remembered very well. Overall, DEATHFAME is an album I won’t forget anytime soon. Quelle Chris continues an impressive run with his darkest project yet.


9/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




DEATHFAME is a Mello Music Group release.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters