Action Bronson - Cocodrillo Turbo ALBUM REVIEW

Why is this the most fun album name to say out loud ever?


Action Bronson has been an artist that’s only been getting better and better in my eyes. While I really don’t care much for his earlier work, everything since 2018’s White Bronco has caught my eye and ear. His Alchemist-produced EP Lamb Over Rice and his last album Only For Dolphins were the two projects that made me a fan of his, and I’ve honestly just been waiting for him to drop since then. We now have that in the form of Cocodrillo Turbo, with The Alchemist, Conway the Machine, Roc Marciano, Daringer, and more coming along for the ride. Let’s get into how I felt about it.

Let’s just get the one thing out of the way, and that’s that the production is incredible here. I adore all of the surf rock samples and the sax solo on the final track is insanity. Bronson himself, though, is sounding the best he’s ever been on here. He sounds hungry and it feels like he genuinely wants to go the extra mile in music for the first time. He’s also hilarious, not only with his lyrics but the beats themselves; there’s a running album tag that’s a bitcrushed clip of someone saying “BILBO,” or at least I think that’s what it’s saying, and it’s quite funny. I do think that this is his lane now, and he’s been riding it for a while now. I really hope he sticks to it. Overall, Cocodrillo Turbo quietly sneaks in as one of my favorite rap projects of the year so far. Action Bronson returns with his oddball style in spades.


9/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Cocodrillo Turbo is a Loma Vista release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters