Bonobo - Fragments ALBUM REVIEW

I never wanna hear fragments of music, you know? I’ll just listen to stems if I want fragments.


If I’m being totally honest, I don’t know anything about Bonobo. All I know about him is that he’s a British producer based in Los Angeles. I’ve never heard a single Bonobo track before this album nor have I heard his production. I really do enjoy going into an artist blind. What caught my attention to cover this album was that one of the singles features Joji, and I really dug that song. So, Fragments is the producer’s seventh album, and after doing some research, it seems like 2010’s Black Sands is regarded as his best album. I personally haven’t heard that project yet, but will Fragments inspire me to check out the rest of his music? Let’s get into it and find out.

I like any kind of electronic album that’s great at building an atmosphere, and this album really does that well. I really liked the use of orchestral pieces on this too. If this is a constant theme with his music, I’m already in to check out what else he’s done. The features from Joji, Kadhja Bonet, Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, Jordan Rakei, Jamila Woods, and O'Flynn also add a great bit to the experience because of how each of these artists fits Bonobo’s production. Honestly, I don’t think I have that much to say about this. Fragments is pretty good. Bonobo takes the pieces of the puzzle and fits them together for a groovy house project.


7/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Fragments is a Ninja Tune release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters