Daniel Son & Futurewave - Son Tzu & the Wav.God ALBUM REVIEW

You know, 2022 is starting off pretty well so far!


Honestly, I had no idea what this project was. I had never heard of the name Daniel Son, but I had heard of Futurewave before because he produced an entire Rome Streetz album last year, Razor’s Edge. Son and Futurewave have worked together before, but this is the first time I’ll be listening to Daniel Son. With some pretty gorgeous cover art, Son Tzu & the Wav.God was one of the first projects I listened to in 2022 during my review break. Let’s not waste any more time and get into it.

I gotta admit, like Razor’s Edge, the production was my favorite part of this album. Not to say that Daniel Son was bad at all, I actually liked Son’s lyrics a lot, but his voice was setting me off just a tiny bit. I’ll say that Futurewave’s beats really match Son’s voice and their partnership makes a lot of sense. It’s very possible that I could like Son on his other projects, but the jazzy beats here were definitely the standout aspect of this album to me. I bet that Daniel Son could be great and I’m willing to dive into the other projects he has, but I don’t think that this was a good introduction to me personally. Either way, Son Tzu & the Wav.God is alright. It may not be groundbreaking stuff, but Daniel Son and Futurewave have a fun project to kick off the new year.


7/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Son Tzu & the Wav.God is self-released.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters