Cordae - From a Bird’s Eye View ALBUM REVIEW

I dig the cover, but I really don’t know what’s going on in it.


Okay, is it weird that I have no idea what to write about this as an intro? Yes, I like Cordae, I like his debut album The Lost Boy, and I’m excited about his new album, titled From a Bird’s Eye View. However, there’s been an odd feeling surrounding this album to me. It may just be me not remembering shit, but were there any official singles for this? Yes, the Roddy Ricch track is on here, but it’s a bonus track. It’s not that I’m thinking it’s gonna be bad, but there’s something… weird happening. What took so long for this? I totally understand waiting to drop your debut, but this rollout has been happening forever. Either way, I’m still excited to get into From a Bird’s Eye View, so let’s just jump into it.

In a weird way, Cordae reminds me a lot of Common. He has some wit, has pretty great rhyming ability, and his voice makes him seem a lot older and wiser than he seems. It’s nice to see that potential that most have seen in him be lived up to in some aspects, and his production on this album is top notch. However, the one thing I noticed the most is that he’s grown from his debut album to this project. As I’ve said, his lyrics have gotten better and his production is better too. He even gets to stand on his own with some star-studded features, and most of them are great. As someone who hasn’t been all that crazy about Eminem for the past couple of years, even he gives a great feature. Overall, I think From a Bird’s Eye View is an improvement on The Lost Boy. Cordae is slowly living up to potential while adding more and more to his talent.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




From a Bird’s Eye View is an Atlantic Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters